- Moving on April 29, 2014
- Greek budget bottom-line outperformance narrowed to €2.2bn in June July 11, 2013
- Greek banks Eurosystem funding fell by €9bn m-o-m in May June 12, 2013
- Greek budget bottom-line outperformed targets by €3.2bn in 5M’13 June 11, 2013
- Credit contraction marginally decelerated to 3.4% in April May 30, 2013
- RT @MacroPolis_gr: Moody's upgrades Greece's sovereign bond rating to Caa2 and changes the outlook to positive. #Greece #economy #markets 1 month ago
- Αφιερωμένο σε όλους τους μπαμπάδες - Μπαμπάς είναι ... #FathersDay #Greece https://t.co/cT8k6cLvtq 2 months ago
- We take note of the #Eurogroup discussion which we see as a 1st step towards securing #Greece debt sustainability, #ECB representative says. 2 months ago
- #IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde to propose approval in principle of new Stand-By Arrangement for #Greece.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 months ago
- #Eurogroup statement on #Greece. consilium.europa.eu/press-releases… 2 months ago
Tag Archives: Debt
European Commission (EC) released on May 3 (Holy Friday for Greek Orthodox) its spring economic forecasts on Greek economy under the title “Contraction combined with a rebound of confidence” noting that a recovery in the Greek economy is expected to … Continue reading
In its latest edition of World Economic Outlook and Fiscal Monitor released on April 16, ‘13, IMF sees Greek GDP contracting 4.2% in 2013 and rebounding 0.6% in 2014, while unemployment rate is expected to rise from 24.2% in 2012 … Continue reading
According to the latest debt bulletin published by MoF, central government debt (excl. debt guaranteed by the central government) stood at €305.5bn at YE’12 from €303.5bn in 9M’12 and €368.0bn at YE’11, up 0.67% q-o-q, yet down 17.0% y-o-y, primarily … Continue reading
The Executive Board of the IMF completed on January 16 the first and second review of Greece’s economic performance enabling the disbursement of the €3.24 tranche. Following Executive Board’s discussion, IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde issued a brief statement with … Continue reading
According to the latest debt bulletin released by MoF today, central government debt (excl. debt guaranteed by the central government) stood at €303.51bnat the end of Q3’12 unchanged from the previous quarter’s figure of €303.53bn.
Hellenic Statistical Authority (ELSTAT) and Eurostat announced today the revised general government (gg) deficit and gross debt figures for 2008-11. It is reminded that statistical services’ previous data (first estimates for 2011) were released last April.
In its latest edition of World Economic Outlook and Fiscal Monitor, IMF sees Greek GDP contracting 6.0% in 2012 and 4.0% in 2013, while unemployment rate is expected to substantially rise from 17.3% in 2011 to 23.8% in 2012 and … Continue reading
MoF unveiled the 2013 draft budget, which envisages a general government primary surplus of €2.2bn or 1.1% of GDP and deficit of €8.0bn or 4.2% of GDP, implying a 2.5pp improvement compared to 2012 latest estimates. Note that 2013 forecasts … Continue reading
According to latest MoF data, central government debt stood at €303.5bnat the end of Q2’12, up by €23.2bn or 8.3% compared to Q1’12 (€280.3bn) and down by €50.2bn or 14.2% versus Q2’11 (€353.7bn), primarily reflecting PSI transaction.
In its latest Fiscal Monitor , IMF notes that “the situation in Greece remains fluid stressing that macroeconomic deterioration and uneven reform implementation have weighed on revenues this year, while financing constraints are leading to under-execution of budgeted expenditures“.