- Moving on April 29, 2014
- Greek budget bottom-line outperformance narrowed to €2.2bn in June July 11, 2013
- Greek banks Eurosystem funding fell by €9bn m-o-m in May June 12, 2013
- Greek budget bottom-line outperformed targets by €3.2bn in 5M’13 June 11, 2013
- Credit contraction marginally decelerated to 3.4% in April May 30, 2013
- RT @MacroPolis_gr: Moody's upgrades Greece's sovereign bond rating to Caa2 and changes the outlook to positive. #Greece #economy #markets 2 years ago
- Αφιερωμένο σε όλους τους μπαμπάδες - Μπαμπάς είναι ... #FathersDay #Greece https://t.co/cT8k6cLvtq 2 years ago
- We take note of the #Eurogroup discussion which we see as a 1st step towards securing #Greece debt sustainability, #ECB representative says. 2 years ago
- #IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde to propose approval in principle of new Stand-By Arrangement for #Greece.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 years ago
- #Eurogroup statement on #Greece. consilium.europa.eu/press-releases… 2 years ago
Tag Archives: Greek banks
Recent press reports indicate that the long-awaited new – and most likely final – round of discussions on bank recapitalisation framework and terms has been launched. Same sources note that the deadline for the finalisation of all pending issues, which … Continue reading
According to the latest BoG data, Greek banks’ ECB funding rose by €6.9bn m-o-m to €30.9bn in August. At the same time, BoG liquidity provided to Greek banks through the ELA mechanism eased by €5.5bn m-o-m to €100.8bn.
The acquisition of the sound part of ATEbank by Piraeus Bank on July 27 kicked off, in my view, the long-awaited new round of consolidation in the Greek banking sector. Following this transaction Piraeus improved its deposit base, while became … Continue reading
As expected, latest BoG data show that deposits [private sector] rebounded 2.2% m-o-m in July with inflows reaching €3.05bn, following the formation of the new coalition government in the second half of June. It is reminded that outflows peaked to … Continue reading
Latest BoG data depict an acceleration of credit contraction in the Greek banking market to 4.8% y-o-y in July from 4.3% in June with balances reaching €234.4bn corresponding to 111.9% of GDP. Loan balances eased 2.4% m-o-m with net flow … Continue reading
Latest BoG data depict that Greek banks’ ECB funding dropped by €49.7bn m-o-m to €24.0bn in July. At the same time, BoG liquidity provided to Greek banks through the ELA mechanism climbed by €44.4bn m-o-m to €106.3bn.
Unlike previous years’ summer season, a lot of important macro, political and banking developments are taking place in Greece this year. The government has to identify cost cutting measures of €11.5bn for 2013-14 in an effort to convince international partners … Continue reading
BoG announced that in the framework of the resolution measures prescribed in the relevant law (4021/2011), it has explored the potential interest of local and foreign banks for the acquisition of the sound part of ATEbank (90% owned by the … Continue reading
There is a motto saying that “Caesar’s wife is not enough to be honest, she must also show it”. Perception nowadays is even equally important to actions, meaning that a negative perception for a positive action is almost equivalent to … Continue reading
According to BoG, total credit eased 0.8% m-o-m and 4.3% y-o-y in June (May: -4.5% y-o-y) reaching €240.2bn. Net flow rebounded with net additions reaching €851m in June, from net deductions of €940m in May, entirely attributed to corporate lending … Continue reading
BoG data show that deposits [private sector] substantially dropped 4.4% m-o-m and 20.0% y-o-y to €150.6bn in June from €157.4bn in May. Deposit outflows continued unabated at €6.7bn, after reaching a new historic high of €9.2bn in May, on heightened … Continue reading
Eurobank announced that EFG Group, currently holding 44.7% of Eurobank shares, in order to satisfy regulatory authorities intends to transfer 43.55% to nine younger members of the Latsis Family and to the John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation, each of … Continue reading
ECB announced on July 20 that “due to the expiration on July 25 of the buy-back scheme for marketable debt instruments issued or fully guaranteed by the Hellenic Republic, these instruments will become for the time being ineligible for use … Continue reading
According to the latest data for May and June released by BoG, Greek banks’ ECB funding eased by €58.6bn m-o-m to €3.45bn in May, while soared by €70.2bn m-o-m to €73.66bn in June.
Deposits (domestic enterprises & households) substantially eased 5.1% m-o-m, 9.6% y-t-d and 18.0% y-o-y in May (Apr: -15.7% y-o-y) reaching €157.4bn.